12+ Best Startup Pitch Competitions 2020
Startup Pitch competitions can be an exciting opportunity to showcase your talent, get publicity, and garner funding. They offer valuable media exposure and visibility that can help you establish your startup and reach a wider audience of consumers and investors. These competitions are fierce, but even if you don’t win the grand prize, you may still get the attention of potential investors scouting the event.
In addition to the financial incentives, this can be the perfect opportunity to get comfortable pitching your startup. The feedback you get from these veteran investors can help you refine your pitch deck and business plan for your next pitch meeting. Taking advantage of these events can give you the tools you need to take your startup to the next level. Here are some of the top startup pitch competitions in 2020.
List of Startup Pitch Competitions 2020
With the coronavirus (COVID-19), many organizers decided to postpone its events or make online. I start with online events.
Are you interested in Pitch Competitions in NYC? Don’t miss Pitch Night NYC
- Description: This collaborative event seeks to inspire and educate attendees in a relaxed, friendly environment. Your team will be given the opportunity to question experts and converse with other startups to foster a creative dialogue.
- Prize: TBA
- Date: 10th of June
- Location: Online, New York City, United States
- Link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pitch-night-nyc-tickets-106129901392?aff=erelexpmlt
- Description: This pitch competition seeks to connect eligible startups from around the world to corporates, investors, accelerators, and the media. Taking place entirely online, it encompasses many categories and works in tandem with agencies from every major region. It focuses on investment, partnerships, and exposure.
- Prize: The grand prize of this event is the Global Pitch Golden Ticket, which gives you access to relevant conferences across the globe. This includes the 4YFN conference in Shanghai, the FinTech Talents conference in London, and more. Other prize winners can expect consulting, training, and support from a variety of international organizations such as the Vienna Business Agency, Chinaccelerator, and the Medical Device Guru LLC and Partner Network.
- Date: 12th of June
- Location: Online
- Official Website: https://globalpitch.com/
U of T PRIDE Pitch Competition #UofTPRIDEPITCH
- Description: Startups founded by LGBTQ+ students of the University of Toronto will each be given the opportunity to make a five-minute pitch. This event is meant to encourage and support the endeavors of LGBTQ+ entrepreneurs.
- Prize: $4,000 in cash prizes.
- Date: 17th of June
- Location: Online, Toronto, Canada
- Link: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/uoftpridepitch-tickets-106011551404?aff=erelexpmlt
Supernova Global Pitch 2020
- Description: This competition is directed to startups who would like to break into the Greater China marketplace. Competitors need to be in the advanced stages of development, with a strong business plan including scalability, disruptive value, and international potential. Selected applicants will need to make their pitch online to an international audience. This event offers substantial financial support and acceleration.
- Prize: Finalists will receive a trip to Hangzhou, China to take part in the final round with travel and accommodation reimbursement. Winners will receive a cash prize, investment, and marketing opportunities.
- Date: 24th of June
- Location: Online
- Official Website: http://laireastlabs.com/supernova2020/
Founders Live Seattle
- Description: Five startups will be selected to make their pitch to an enthusiastic audience of their peers. The audience will also be allowed to ask questions and cheer on their favorites. This event is designed to be a friendly competition to test your pitching skills.
- Prize: An award and the opportunity to tell the audience more about your startup. All participants will also receive $5,000 towards Amazon Wed Services hosting.
- Date: 24th of June
- Location: Online, Seattle, United States
- Link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/founders-live-seattle-virtual-entrepreneurial-experience-tickets-107598215158?aff=erelexpmlt#add-to-calendar-modal
SVIEF-STAR Private Pitch
- Description: Six startups in the IT and software sectors are selected several times a year to make their pitch to an audience of industry professionals and investors. These experts will critique your startup and provide feedback on how you can improve and move forward with your goals. This competition aims to help young startups network and establish themselves in the industry.
- Prize: At the end of the year, the top 30 startups will be allowed to compete for the SVIEF-STAR Startup Award.
- Date: June
- Location: Zoom Webinar, Online
- Link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/svief-star-online-private-pitch-107th-session-tickets-104087193598
Block Road Show
- Description: This competition provides startups with the opportunity to make their pitch in a virtual one-on-one meeting with experienced investors. This event also includes a lunch presentation by Grant Thorton on leadership. Applicants and attendees simply need to complete a survey to register for the event, free of charge.
- Prize: The winner will receive a one-year Foundersuite Gold VIP subscription, a service that provides digital tools and resources for startups and helps to connect them with investors.
- Date: 30th of June
- Location: Online
- Link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/blockroadshow-virtual-pitch-contest-investor-one-on-one-meetings-tickets-100988306744?aff=erelexpmlt
Startup Pitch Competition Online in July: Vineta Project DC
- Description: This event is a three-part competition series aimed at startups led by women. Four startups will make their pitch to a panel of investors and entrepreneurs with an online audience. These experts will engage with the teams through questioning and constructive feedback. The goal of this competition is to support the growth and success of entrepreneurial women.
- Prize: $20,000 grand prize.
- Date: 21st of July
- Location: Online
- Link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/vinetta-dc-2nd-semi-final-pitch-competition-tickets-106839588084?aff=erelexpmlt
Startup Pitch Competitions On-site:
- Description: The top 250 applicants take part in a day-long bootcamp, educating your team on startup resources and strategies and providing feedback on your pitch. This intense competition aims to add to your skillset, facilitate networking, and build your confidence.
- Prize: The grand prize for this competition is a mentoring package with an experienced investor, as well as public relations support. The top ten finalists also receive a prize package and the opportunity to pitch their startup on stage to an audience of investors, entrepreneurs, and journalists.
- Date: September
- Location: Many Locations, United Kingdom
- Official Website: https://thepitch.uk/
- Description: Three young startups in the software and technology sectors will be selected from eligible applicants. On Pitch Day, competitors will be allotted five minutes to pitch their startups to a panel of judges in front of a live audience. At the end of the competition, the audience will vote on the winner. This competition is part of a larger tradeshow and conference event for industry professionals, it aims to accelerate startups by providing valuable funding through seeder services.
- Prize: Winners will be awarded cash prizes and receive consulting from experienced partners and sponsors.
- Date: 10th of September
- Location: Frisco, Texas, United States
Web Summit’s STARTUP PITCH COMPETITIONS
- Description: The top 135 eligible applicants will be selected to make their pitch to a full arena of Web Summit attendees over the course of three days. The judges will be comprised of a panel of industry professionals ranging from investors to media personnel. This competition is meant to bring attention to competing startups and encourage their exposure in the industry and wider media. Competitors may attract investors, partners, and customers.
- Prize: The winner will be given an award and media coverage.
- Date: 2nd – 5th of November
- Location: Altice Arena & Fil, Lisbon, Portugal
- Description: Competitors are selected from university students in the United States. This competition follows an elevator pitch format, so each startup is only given 90 seconds to make their pitch to a room full of investors and entrepreneurs. Each startup will also get the opportunity to network and get feedback from these experts. As a highly competitive event, finalists garner substantial recognition and visibility.
- Prize: $10,000 in cash prizes.
- Date: 12th of November
- Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States
You may also be interested in this list.
12+ Inspiring Online Events For Startups in 2020:
- Virtual South Summit
- Investor Pitching for Beginners
- StartupCircles Friday Social
- Corporate Day 2020 Online
- EdtechX Summit Online
- Find your female Co-founder
- Members Masterclass
- Online Startup MBA Program
- Europe, Let’s cooperate! Special edition
- Women in Tech
- Collision from home
- Infoshare 2020
- Spark festival
Stay updated: Social Networks and Newsletter
I hope you find very interesting this article. If you are interested in more Tech Startups, you can keep updated by our Social Networks:
If you are interested to keep updated with the last Tech Startups News, subscribe to our bi-weekly newsletter or write a comment below and we will contact you.