13+ Angel Investors Los Angeles for your Startup 2021
Angel Investors Los Angeles, this city emerged as the epicenter of startups itself. Yes, we are talking about Los Angeles. With the share of 4% of global startups deals and more than $1.5 billion investments in startups, Los Angeles has seen an upgoing trend in venture funding.
Before you keep reading, you may find interested about: What are Angel Investors?
Los Angeles has also seen an industry expansion by big companies. Many angel investors Los Angeles have emerged and scaled up their investments in startups. Furthermore, global leaders like Netflix, Apple, and Google increase the tech startup attractiveness of the city.
We have made a list of angel investors Los Angeles for all those entrepreneurs having a skyrocketing business idea and looking for investments. Let’s get into it.
Angel Investors Los Angeles
The first angel investor Los Angeles is Talmadge O’Neill. A serial angel investor, entrepreneur, and business enthusiast who has also worked with the global leader, Boston Consulting Group.
- Interests or industries: His investment interests are in startups related to space traveling, digital currency, cryptocurrency, and blockchains.
- Amount of Startups: 150+ Startups funded.
- Startups to highlight: Some of the startups co-founded by Mr. Neill are goto.com, mezimedia, Juvo+, and Vivopools.
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/talmadge/
A graduate from Yales University, Clark Landry is an angel investor, Los Angeles. Clark has a record of investing in a significant amount of startups and co-founded many too. He identifies himself as an entrepreneur and serial angel investor. Over 15 years of experience in entrepreneurship and investments makes Clark a vetted professional.
- Interests or industries: His investment interests are mobile advertising, social media, social commerce, SaaS, Big data & cloud analytics, SMEs, and related industries.
- Startups to highlight: Some of the startups co-founded by him are Maple Media, Shift, Trade desk, Edgecast, Top Level Domain Holdings, etc.
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/clarklandry/
Among the angel investors Los Angeles, Anthony Saleh has a notable contribution to the startup investments. With over 80 startups funded, he resides in Los Angeles. Anthony has the privilege of being featured in Billboard 30 under 30 top music executives and top 35 under 35 music executives by Hollywood Reporter.
- Interests or industries: He loves to invest in clean technology, consumer internet, enterprise software, mobile, healthcare, e-commerce, social media, and commerce. Generally, he welcomes all kinds of startups for making investments, but the said industries are more likable.
- Startups to highlight: Some of the startups funded by him include Queensbridge, Partner, TaxStax, Humble beginnings, etc.
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/anthony-saleh-b231a779/
A law graduate of Columbia University School of law, who has greater interests in entrepreneurs and investments, Jim Brandt has invested in many startups. He is equipped with fundraising, business development, marketing, strategic partnerships, and mentorship.
- Interests or industries: The interests of Brandt is funding the startups related to digital media, ecommerce, financial services, sports, SaaS, SMEs, and a whole list of other industries.
- Startups to highlight: EV Connect, Embrace, Trustify, Verbling, Arsenic, Code HS, etc.
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jim-brandt-18106b10/
Ashton Kutcher is among the angel investors Los Angeles who have a good record of investing in tech startups. He has graduated from the University of Lowa. Mr. Kutcher has a deep interest in funding startups related to information technology and social media. The top skills of Ashton are consumer awareness, product testing, networking, and consultation.
- Startups to highlight: He has made some investments in big names like Airbnb, AeroFs, Bitpay, Airtable, Airtime, Bloomthat. He has also co-founded some startups like Aplus and A-grade.
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ashton-kutcher-849288a2/
David Mandel is another reliable name among angel investors Los Angeles. A full-time investor with an experience of over 28 years in entrepreneurship. He has credit for founding, operating, and exiting four startups in the financial services and insurance sector.
- Interests or industries: The main interests of Mr. Mandel are investing in early-stage technology ventures. If you are an enthusiastic entrepreneur based in the US with some technological ideas to solve real-world problems with a novelty, David Mandel will love to invest with you.
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/david3712/
Matt coffin is a financial professional with the zest to venture into entrepreneurial businesses. His solid financial background makes him stang among angel investors Los Angeles who have a business sense and know-how and when to invest. Mr. Coffin has founded many startups, including the Digital funding group, LowerMyBills, and others. Besides financial expertise, he is also equipped with skills in business strategy and marketing.
- Interests or industries: Matt Coffin’s investment interest lies in e-commerce, mobile advertising, home decor, and consumer internet.
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mattcoffin/
A pioneer among angel investors Los Angeles with a rich experience of entrepreneurship and investments, Richard Wolpert, is often attributed as initiator.
- Interests or industries: His investment interests include but are not limited to crowdfunding, digital media, SaaS, billing, social media, marketing, consumer internets, startups, social fundraising, and digital entertainment.
- Startups to highlight: He has over 30 years of experience in technological startups. Accel, Toggle, Amplify, Realnetwork, Getbrokers and Mapsense are just a few from the list of business Richard has been associated in one or another way.
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rwolpert/
Next on our list of angel investors Los Angeles is a young and passionate entrepreneur. Gil Elbaz is a graduate of California Institute, and he has a lot on his credit. He invested in various startups, founded some, and successfully exited others.
- Interests or industries: Mr. Elbaz is attracted to SaaS, social media marketing, big data ad analytics, semantic web & semantic search, and information technology.
- Startups to highlight: Goodreads is one of the famous startups that was exited by Gil Elbaz for 159 million. Another startup of Elbaz, Wavvi, was acquired by Google, and there are other successful ventures too.
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gilelbaz/
Mark Mullen is also among the successful angel investors Los Angeles founded and co-founded many startup businesses. A rich portfolio of investments includes double M, LP I & II, and Mull Capital. Currently, he has founded and managed Bonfire Ventures based in Santa Monica, an evergreen venture investment fund. He is a graduate of Michigan University with 20 years of professional experience in banking.
- Interests or industries: Mark Mullen’s investment interests are telecommunication, SaaS, mobile media, social media marketing, advertising, enterprise solutions, and Mobile commerce.
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mamullen/
Eric Manlunas is among the entrepreneurs who have turned into angel investors Los Angeles. The starting point of Eric’s journey was serving as an associate with Arthur Andersen’s retail management consulting division back in 1991. His journey continued, and later, he started entrepreneurial ventures, including Sitestar, Interfoods, an LA-based hedge fund, and many more.
- Amount of Startups: He has a vast experience of investments with over 350 companies in the last 17 years.
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ericmanlunas/
Our last “Angel Investors Los Angeles”: Matt Mazzeo
Matt Mazzeo is an angel investor who is highly skilled in digital media, mobile, and seed investing. He is a vast experience of setting up businesses and is currently a partner at Coatue Management. He has served as managing director at Lowercase Capital.
- Interests or industries: His investment interests are Consumer Internet, E-commerce, Social Media, iOS, Android, video, internet Tv, Film distribution and social media marketing.
- Startups to highlight: Some of his investments were in Binti, Automattic, Common, Docket, Dubsmash, Dynasty, etc.
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/matthewmazzeo/
Are you interested in reading more about Angel Investors?
You may also be interested to read the following articles:
Are you interested to find more about Angel Investors? You can find interesting the following articles:
Other Angel Investors by location that you may be interested to know:
- Best 11+ Angel Investors San Francisco
- 30+ Angel Investors in India
- 12+ Angel Investors UK
- 11+ Angel Investors in Estonia
Tech Startups Magazine: Stay updated
I hope you find very interesting this article about Angel Investors Los Angeles. I
Keep updated by our Social Networks and newsletter:
- Startups Tips LinkedIn
- Startups Tips Twitter
- Bi-weekly newsletter .You may also be interested in the latest tech trends at High-Tech Magazine.